1000 Rock Island Ave
Hours of Operation:
The Balfour Beatty Communities WSMR Community Center offers a multitude of enjoyable features to residents including a gym, meeting space, and dining area. Many LifeWorks events are held at the Community Center.
Spaces within the WSMR Community Center may be rented our for private events by residents. To request to rent a room, please contact the Community Management Office.
Located in the Community Center, the fitness center operated Monday-Wednesday 8:00am-8:00pm, and Saturday-Sunday 11:00am-4:00pm. Additional features include a playroom for kids and a television.
Fitness Center Rules
- Individuals under 16 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- No food, glass, alcohol, smoking, pets, or running is allowed in teh fitness center.
- Sanitize equipment after usage and dispose of the refuse in the proper receptacle.
The use of the Fitness Center is at your own risk. Management assumes no liability for injuries or accidents that may occur.
A splash park is located behind the Community Center and will operate in the warmer months between the hours of 9:00am-8:00pm.
Splash Park Rules
- Individuals 12 years of age or under must be accompanied by an adult.
- No glass, pets, alcohol, smoking, running, or rough play is allowed in the spray ground area.
- Shoes are required. Caution: Surface may be hot.
The use of the Splash Park is at your own risk. Management assumes no liability for injuries or accidents that may occur.
Playgrounds & Picnic Areas
Playgrounds and picnic areas are located beside the Community Center. Playground rules are posted in the playground area. Features include grills, covered area, and a water fountain. A skate park can also be found for resident enjoyment.
A dog park can be found on Ripley Avenue behind the Community Center. The dog park is open 9:00am-9:00pm.
Dog Park Rules
- Dogs must be leashed until safely insude the off-leash area and must be leashed upon exiting.
- Collars and rabies tags must be visible.
- Owners must clean up their dog's waste and dispose of it in the provided trash receptable.
- Owners must carry a lease and remove their dog from the park at the first sign of aggression.
- Puppies younger than 4 months, unhealthy dogs, and those in heat must be left at home.
- Limit of 2 dogs per owner.
- Children under 14 years of age must be supervised by an adult.
- Food, alcohol, smoking, and glass are not permitted in the dog park area.
The use of the dog park is at your own risk. Management assumes no libaility for injuries or accidents that may occur.